The Widick Family

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our Weekend....so far

We've had a great weekend so far! We've had excellent weather and have gotten outside to enjoy it! When I got home from work Friday night, Lane suprised us with a stroller and food ready for a picnic at the park. There's a bridge over a creek at the entrance to the park and there are always LOTS of turtles! So, of course, Josie had to see some turtles!


I feel like today (Saturday) has been a day of accomplishments! This morning, Josie and I went to the grocery store. Then there was lunch, some Wonder Pets, and while Josie napped, I planted flowers and did some yard work. I was straightening some brick boarders around a flower bed and found two snakes, which I promptly killed with a shovel. I feel a little bit mean for doing it. Lane said I killed the husband and wife snakes and they probably have little babies about to hatch somewhere. But I strongly feel that any snake is a bad snake, which God basically says for Himself in Genesis 3:14-15!

For dinner we had some black beans. As you can see, Josie really enjoyed them! She seriously looked like she had a moustache!
Oh, and I also pushed Josie in the jogging stroller for a 5 mile run. So.....I'm pretty much wiped out! I am destined to sleep good tonight!

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave to kill the snakes. I would have ran away screaming and not come outside again. Three years ago, I saw a snake slither across our sidewalk and I have been afraid ever since then.

    ReplyDelete