The Widick Family

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!


Yesterday I celebrated my 29th birthday. I am so blessed to be surrounded by friends and family who love me and make it all about me on that day that only comes once a year! Friday night Lane, Josie and I went out for a special family dinner to the Cheesecake Factory (my favorite!). Even though she's never had it, Josie was so excited about "eesecake!", which she repeated over and over again in the car on the way there. Lane led her to believe that the bread was her "eesecake" and she was completely satisfied with that. I felt guilty for lying to her, but he had a point that it was Cheesecake Factory bread.
On Saturday, my sweet husband treated me to a day at the spa where I received my first facial. It was very relaxing and my face is so soft now! I also got a spa manicure and pedicure. I felt totally pampered!!!!! It was truly fantastic!

Then, on Monday night (my actual birthday), we had plans to meet up with the Lackey's (our friends from church) for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. But when we got there, I was surprised to find several of our friends from church were there! So we all got to enjoy some great Mexican food and have some cake. It was a great night!
This Friday Lane and I are getting a babysitter for Josie, and the two of us are going to a Casting Crowns concert (also my favorite).

Am I spoiled, or what?
Thank you to everyone who helped to make my special day so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment