The Widick Family

Monday, March 22, 2010

Catching Up

Okay, Okay....so I slacked off a little on the "blogging." Sorry!! Here's what's been up with us lately:
Josie and the Giant White Chair
We've been reading some books with Josie about potty training for the past few weeks. Last Saturday, while I was gone for a run, Josie "tee-teed" in the potty for Lane. I tried all week to get her to go again, and she would sit, but never do anything. Yesterday, in the midst of her "grunt and push" dance, I asked if she needed to go sit on the potty. She said "yes," so off we went and she pooped in the potty a little bit (only to finish it off in her diaper later). I'm trying not to push her too hard, but we're making some progress!

Welcome Spring!!!!!
We've had beautiful weather in Houston lately...Until Saturday, the actual first day of spring when a cold front came through. But it's supposed to be back in the mid-seventies tomorrow. Here are some pics of the kiddos hanging outside, just chillin' on the patio.








Mommy's Little Helper:
Apparently my "neat-freak" characteristics are rubbing off on my child. Of her own accord, she decided to sweep the kitchen floor. I believe other children do this too, since I've seen "toy" brooms and vacuum cleaners at the store. So don't think I'm brainwashing her! I thought briefly about getting her a toy broom to use, but she does pretty good with the big one. Very cute! (and helpful!!!)









Our Running in the Rain Adventure
Saturday morning, I decided to take Josie with me on my run. It's been a good 7-8 months since she's gone with me in the jogging stroller. She laughed hysterically for the first 10 minutes! I guess she enjoyed all the bumps and turns and the wind in her face. It was fun! My plan was to run 5 miles. Before we left the house, Lane had warned me to stay close because it was supposed to start raining. Well, we got going and the weather seemed fine and before I realized it, we were a good 2 1/2 miles away from the house. We came around a corner and the sky all of a sudden had turned into one huge black cloud. Before I could even complete the thought, "this does not look good," gi-normous rain drops started pelting us! No sprinkles. No drizzle. It came an immediate downpour!!! I started sprinting as best I could while pushing a 30 pound toddler in a 25 pound stroller. She didn't get too wet since she was under the stroller's canopy, but I was drenched to the core within seconds! And it was cold!!!! We were about half a mile from a covered pavilion by some soccer fields. By the time I got there, we were both completely and thoroughly soaked, cold, and miserable. I got out my phone to call Lane to come get us, and my phone barely worked because it was so wet. We were very happy to see Lane pull up, and I definitely deserved that "I told you so" speech. I don't know why I get so determined to do something, that I neglect to think through the consequences. Thankfully, these consequences weren't too serious. After we were all warm and dry, I looked back on it as a fun adventure that Josie and I got to share together.

And that's the highlights of what's been going on with us lately! I'll try to do better being a more regular "blogger".

2 comments:

  1. Very cute pics! It snowed up in IL on the first day of spring. If you ever get frustrated with the potty training, let me know. I have some really good tips. Noelle was trained in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Josie for going potty! That is a great start! What a fun story for you and Josie to share about the rain and your running.

    ReplyDelete