The Widick Family

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tree of Thanks

We initiated a new Thanksgiving tradition this year, a Tree of Thanks.  Lane made fun of me for going into the back yard, picking up some sticks, putting them in a vase, tying a ribbon on it and calling it pretty.  He's right---probably no other time of the year could I do that and be right.  But that's what Josie and I did.  Once our "tree" was put together, I printed out slips of paper that said "I'm thankful for...".  Each day, we would all write down one thing we were thankful for and hang it on our tree.  Josie was REALLY into this!  She reminded me on days I forgot about it, and she wrote down her things by herself (as I told her what letters to write).  We will definitely continue this Thanksgiving tradition.  It was so easy and simple, but such a great way to make us daily think about just how much God has blessed us!


No comments:

Post a Comment