The Widick Family

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Recent Sewing Projects

Since we've moved I've had more time and space to try more sewing projects. By no means at all am I a master of this craft! But I'm practicing....and I'm very proud of the things that I have made. My mom actually bought the fabric for this pillowcase dress. We were on the same brain wavelength one week. She had seen dresses like this for sale at a consignment shop for $30+, decided to make one, and bought this fabric. That same week, I had ordered a pattern to make "pillowcase" dresses and shirts. We never communicated about our ideas until.....Josie and I went to their house to visit that weekend, and what do you know....she had the fabric and I had the pattern! We put our "projects" together for this dress! It was SUPER easy! We had it cut out and sewn together in 2 hours while Josie took a nap. For my next project, I appliqued Josie a "pumpkin" shirt for the fall.
Since it's football season, she definitely needed an Alabama dress. Roll Tide!!!!
Next, I decided to applique a turkey shirt for Thanksgiving! I was going to make his "feathers" out of ribbons, but I found this fabric and thought it was too cute! Now, moving on to Christmas projects.....

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Isn't it fun to sew for your daughter? In fact, even though my daughter is 26 (!), I still enjoy sewing for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear sewing is making a come back.
    My parents gave me a Singer sewing machine when I graduated from high school and 34 years later I am still using it to make my skirts, dresses and window treatments. Making window treatments and bridesmaids dresses supplemented our income when I was a part-time stay at home mom. You can make the cutest clothes for Josie at a fraction of the cost. I will look forward to seeing what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to sew all the time. I also made bridesmaids dresses and curtains for our home. One day our daughter got so aggravated at me for working and not playing with her that she ran away from home. (she really hid in the garage). She left me a note that said, "Dear, Mommy. I love you. I do not know where I am."
    I am glad to see all of you gals sewing and crafting together. It is a lot of fun being creative.

    ReplyDelete