The Widick Family

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First Day of Preschool

My little girl is growing up! Yesterday was Josie's first day of preschool. She's going to a Mother's Day Out program at Crieve Hall Church of Christ on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 - 2:30. She's also going to our MDO program at Granny White on Wednesday mornings.
It's going to be good for her to be in a classroom with some other kids her own age. Her classes are small (only 5-7 kids), so she'll still get lots of attention. She was so excited when I dropped her off yesterday. She loved carrying her backpack and her own lunch box. In the classroom, I had to MAKE her stop playing and come tell me goodbye. Then, I went to the car and cried.
I went to the grocery store all by myself. Then, when I sat down to eat lunch, I realized that I was alone in the house for the first time in 3 1/2 years. Wow, it was quiet. But I got the rest of the kitchen unpacked without interruption. It was the fastest 5 hours I've experienced in a long time! Before I realized it, it was time to go pick her up again!
When I picked her up, Ms. Katy said she did great all day, and that she never cried or even really asked about me. A little girl in her class brought in cupcakes for her birthday. They talked about colors, the letter C, and finger-painted apples on a tree. Josie said they had Goldfish for snack, and I'm sure she was happy about that. She did NOT take a nap. (Nap time has been HORRIBLE since we moved, so I wasn't surprised.) She said her mat wasn't comfortable and Ms. Katy let her sit at the table and do puzzles. So, we'll work on that. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Her Nana thinks she looks a lot like her mother on her first day of kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, I went to preschool and kindergarden at Crieve Hall C of C!!! I loved it! :)

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete