The Widick Family

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My New Car!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago, the air went out in my Honda CR-V.....again. It was still covered under warranty (since it just happened last fall!). So, at least we didn't have to pay anything. It just seems like this particular car had been in and out of the shop for various reasons since we got it (about 3 years ago). Lane said this was the final straw and immediately started looking for something else for me to drive. I was a little nervous because his argument about needing something either bigger OR with better gas mileage made a lot of sense. As much as I loved my CR-V, it was lacking in both of these areas. (This was actually my 2nd CR-V. I had a blue one that I got in college before we later got the white one. )
Being the "practical" one, Lane was all concerned about gas mileage and mechanical workings. My questions were: "What color is it?" and "Is there a spot for my purse??"
We had looked at Toyota Highlanders in the past and knew they were great cars....just didn't think we'd ever afford one. So, when this deal came up Lane jumped on it. He went and test drove it and traded in my CR-V....and I never got to officially see the Highlander until it was all said and done and the papers were signed. I have a WONDERFUL husband who knows me incredibly well. So, I had no problem trusting him to know what I like/don't like and what's right for our family. He surprised me yesterday afternoon by showing up at work in it (I just assumed I'd see it when we got home.) It drives great, I love the light-olive color, and this is my first car with leather seats! Plus, we were able to put a little bit of money down with the trade in, so still no car payment! Nice!!!

1 comment:

  1. It’s a great car you have there! It’s perfect for the family, especially when you are going out of town. And yeah, most moms prefer this type of car ‘coz you guys always carry a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete