The Widick Family

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fun with Nana & Papa

My parents came to visit for the weekend. It was supposed to be a surprise for my birthday, but they ended up coming while Lane was in China. It really helped the time that he was away go by quickly because we stayed so busy while they were here! On Friday, we took the kids to the zoo. It was one of the best zoo trips we've had. All of the animals were awake and roaming about. Plus, we got to see the new baby giraffe that was just born last week! I was super excited about that! We rented a pull-wagon for the kids to ride in which turned out great! Best $10 I ever spent! They could see everything, and climb in and out much more easily than the stroller. Nathan liked the lions, and Josie and Natalie liked the elephants. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures at the zoo because when we got there I realized there was no SD card in my camera. I really wish I'd gotten a picture of them in that wagon...so cute!!!

While they were here, Mom and Dad took advantage of some serious playtime with Josie. On Saturday morning, I got to run some errands while they took her to the playground.
Careful!!!

I did it!!!

Cleaning the dirt out of Josie's shoes.

Dad also gave Josie some tricycle riding lessons. She still needs some practice! She doesn't quite grasp the concept of steering. Plus, her little legs hardly reach the pedals when she turns. But she'll get it one day! (And yes....that is a bungee cord he attached to her tricycle to help her along....)Serious instructions on EXACTLY what to do!

Align CenterUh-oh! We had a few tumbles...
Now you're getting it!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I'm so jealous y'all are wearing shorts already!

    ReplyDelete