The Widick Family

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our New 'Fridge!

So, LAST Thursday night, I went to get some ice cream after I finally got Josie settled in bed. I noticed it was a little soft, but I figured I hadn't closed the door good earlier. Friday morning I went to get Josie a waffle for breakfast, and they were completely thawed--as were several other things towards the front of my freezer! By Saturday afternoon, neither the 'fridge or freezer were even remotely cold. I had to throw everything away which seemed like such a huge waste of money, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I got some ice so I could keep milk for Josie in a cooler, and began refrigerator shopping. Usually when we make a major purchase like this, Lane researches things for weeks and reads all kind of reviews on it. Well, that was out of the question and this was an emergency! I began scouring websites for something that would fit in our space. I had room for 68" under our cabinet, but most 'fridges are 69-70". I didn't really want another side-by-side because I HATED the one I had. The 'fridge side wasn't so bad, but I complained all the time about the freezer. It was probably only 7 or 8 inches wide, so it was very difficult to fit things in there. Last summer I made a frozen dessert, got it all made and put together....only to discover the pan wouldn't fit in my freezer. ARGGG!!!!

I only had two options for what would fit in our space. I finally found one with a bottom freezer that I really, really liked. Was it worth the extra money to get what I really wanted (and something better!), or should I just settle and get basically what I already had??? I finally decided that either way, I was going to have to spend a chunk of money, so I might as well get what I wanted.....SO I DID!!!!!! And I LOVE it!!!! Seriously----I love this refrigerator! Granted, it was just delivered yesterday, and I just went to the store to "restock" this morning. But I love it!!!!
The refrigerator part has a compartment for everything! The "gallon" bins in the door are easily accessible. The deli drawer can be set to extra cold. There's a special spot for Lane's Diet Dr. Peppers! There's also a water filter on the inside (which was a must-have for us!)
Still looks a little barren, I know!
The freezer is a pull out drawer with an ice-maker. When you pull it out, there's a big basket/bin all the way across. Then there are 2 more drawers you can pull out over that one. So easy to organize! The big pull-out drawer will be perfect for frozen pizzas!
After going a week without a 'fridge, I am VERY thankful for this guy!

2 comments:

  1. Nice fridge. I bet you are excited even if you did have to spend money that you didn't want to spend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very jealous of your fridge! My husband is cheap, so when we needed a new one he bought the side by side. YUCK! I completely agree about the freezer. Sometimes it is better when you have to buy things on a whim...you don't have the time to over analyze. Enjoy your fridge! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete