The Widick Family

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Zoo, Bluebonnets, and Bubbles, Too!

We have thoroughly enjoyed our visit with Nana and Papa (my parents). They got here Thursday night right after we got home from work. On Friday we went to the zoo. Josie really enjoyed seeing the animals. This was the second time we've taken her to the zoo and I think she appreciated it more this trip. She couldn't really see the smaller animals, but she loved seeing the lions, giraffes, bears, tigers, zebras, and elephants! She was NOT a fan of the petting zoo! As you entered the petting zoo area, they gave you a brush to use on the goats. Another toddler was using his to beat the poor things! Josie was not interested and a little timid. Can't say that I blame her. I've never been the biggest fan of petting zoos, either!

Today we went shopping for flowers. While Josie was napping, Mom helped me plant them. We got some Azaleas to go around a tree in the front and some Zinnia and Petunias to go in a bed in the back. I don't have the greatest track record in keeping things alive, but I'm determined this go 'round will be different! I really do enjoy digging in the dirt. And there's such a sense of achievement to watch something you planted and took care of grow and bloom. Gardening really is a hobby I'm hoping to get better at. I love having a beautiful, colorful yard!

We took Mom and Dad to eat at Salt Grass Steakhouse tonight, which was FANTASTIC! When we got back we took Josie for a walk. There are a cluster of bluebonnets (state flower of Texas) growing on a corner in our neighborhood. We got some great Josie pictures! Before we went back inside, we played with bubbles in the yard. What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment