The Widick Family

Monday, August 16, 2010

Sewing

I tried my hand at sewing and learned I am far from an accomplished seamstress. However, I've already washed this and it didn't fall apart in the washing machine....so that's got to stand for something! I bought the shirt and appliqued the J on it, then made the pants with the same fabric. At one point I had one of the legs sewed to the other one inside out. I had to rip out several seams and start over several times. My stitching is a little crooked. But I'm just proud that I finished them. I've made curtains before, but this was my first attempt at an actual pattern. For my first time, I say not too bad!
She did NOT want her picture taken....can you tell?

3 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I'm so proud of you!!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good job. The shirt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! good job! I'm like you--just sewed curtains, handbags, & quilts...when it comes to CLOTHES it gets scary! You did great! I'm very proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete